5. TOOL FUNCTION (T FUNCTION)
In JOG mode, setting signal MNTCHG to 1 enables the tool to be changed
easily in manual mode, as follows:
(1) In JOG mode, set signal MNTCHG to 1.
(2) Signal MNTMOD goes to 1.
(3) If the C–axis is not positioned to the reference position, perform
reference position return for the C–axis.
(4) Signal STAXS goes to 1, thus notifying the PMC that T–axis
movement is possible. Remove the shot pins or other mechanical
(5) The PMC sets signal TAXSJ to 1. Change the tool by moving the
T–axis by means of jog feed.
(6) After changing the tool, set signal MNTCHG to 0.
(7) The CNC sets signal STAXS to 0. Replace the shot pins or other
(8) Once the machine has completed tool change operation, set signal
TAXSJ to 0.
(9) If the newly selected tool is an index tool for which C–axis
compensation is set, apply C–axis position compensation
corresponding to the T code.
(10) Set signal MNTMOD to 0. This completes the tool change
Tool change operation
[Classification] Input signal
[Function] Notifies the CNC that tool change will be performed in JOG mode.
Manual tool change