Ed. Date Design Description
Date Jan.07.’04 Design. Apprv.
FANUC Series 30i-MODEL A
Linear scale with distance-coded
- Feed axis synchronization control
In case of using the feed axis synchronization control, please confirm the
- When this function is used with feed axis synchronization control axes,
the linear scale with distance-coded reference marks (serial) used for the
master axis and that used for the slave axis must have reference marks
placed at identical intervals.
- The master axis scale and the slave axis scale should be installed in
parallel direction. (The zero positions should be faced the same
- To the parameters, which relate to this function (except No.1883,
No.1884), the same value must be set for the master axis and for the
- The linear scale with distance-coded reference marks (serial) should be
applied for the master axis and the slave axis.
If either of the master axis or the slave axis is not the linear scale with
distance-coded reference marks (serial), alarm DS0018 occurs when
reference position establishment is tried.
- During operating the establishment of reference position, the state of
signal for selecting synchronized axis(SYNCn<Gn138> or
SYNCJn<Gn140>) should be kept.
Procedure for reference position establishment by feed axis synchronization
control is as follows.
- Both of axes (master axis and slave axis) are fed on the reference
position return FL feedrate until distance coded scales of both axes
detect the absolute position.
- Then absolute position of both axes are calculated and Reference
Position Establishment Signals (ZRF1,ZRF2,...) turn to "1".