B-65285EN/03 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
1.3 FANUC SERVO AMPLIFIER α
1.3.1 Warnings and Cautions Relating to Mounting
- Check the specification code of the amplifier.
Check that the delivered amplifier is as originally ordered.
- Mount a ground fault interrupter.
To guard against fire and electric shock, fit the factory power
supply or machine with a ground fault interrupter (designed for
use with an inverter).
- Securely ground the amplifier.
Securely connect the ground terminal and metal frame of the
amplifier and motor to a common ground plate of the power
- Be aware of the weight of the amplifier and other
Control motor amplifiers and AC reactors are heavy. When
transporting them or mounting them in the cabinet, therefore, be
careful not to injured yourself or damage the equipment. Be
particularly carefull not to jam your fingers between the cabinet
- Never ground or short-circuit either the power supply lines or
Protect the lines from any stress such as bending. Handle the ends
- Ensure that the power supply lines, power lines, and signal
lines are securely connected.
A loose screw, loose connection, or the like will cause a motor
malfunction or overheating, or a ground fault.
Be extremely careful with power supply lines, motor power lines,
and DC link connections through which a large amount of current
passes, because a loose screw (or poor contact in a connector or
poor connection between a connector terminal and a cable) may
cause a fire.
- Insulate all exposed parts that are charged.