B-65285EN/03 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Do not step or sit on the amplifier.
Also, do not stack unpacked amplifiers on top of each other.
- Use the amplifier in an appropriate environment.
See the allowable ambient temperatures and other requirements,
given in the corresponding descriptions.
- Protect the amplifier from corrosive or conductive mist or
drops of water.
Use a filter if necessary.
- Protect the amplifier from impact.
Do not place anything on the amplifier.
- Connect the power supply lines and power lines to the
appropriate terminals and connectors.
- Connect the signal lines to the appropriate connectors.
- Do not block the air inlet to the radiator.
A deposit of coolant, oil mist, or chips on the air inlet will result in
a reduction in the cooling efficiency. In some cases, the required
efficiency cannot be achieved. The deposit may also lead to a
reduction in the useful life of the semiconductors. Especially,
when outside air is drawn in, mount filters on both the air inlet and
outlet. These filters must be replaced regularly.
So, an easy-to-replace type of filter should be used.
- Before connecting the power supply wiring, check the supply
Check that the supply voltage is within the range specified in this
manual, then connect the power supply lines.
- Ensure that the combination of motor and amplifier is
- Ensure that valid parameters are specified.
Specifying an invalid parameter for the combination of motor and
amplifier may not only prevent normal operation of the motor but
also result in damage to the amplifier.
- Ensure that the amplifier and peripheral equipment are
Check that the magnetic contactor, circuit breaker, and other
devices mounted outside the amplifier are securely connected to
each other and that those devices are securely connected to the