B-65285EN/03 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
1.3.3 Warnings and Cautions Relating to Maintenance
- Read the maintenance manual carefully and ensure that you
are totally familiar with its contents.
The maintenance manual describes daily maintenance and the
procedures to be followed in the event of an alarm being issued.
The operator must be familiar with these descriptions.
- Notes on replacing a fuse or PC board
1) Before starting the replacement work, ensure that the circuit
breaker protecting the power magnetics cabinet is open.
2) Check that the red LED that indicates that charging is in
progress is not lit.
The position of the charging LED on each model of amplifier
is given in this manual. While the LED is lit, hazardous
voltages are present inside the unit, and thus there is a danger
of electric shock.
3) Some PC board components become extremely hot. Be
careful not to touch these components.
4) Ensure that a fuse having an appropriate rating is used.
5) Check the specification code of a PC board to be replaced. If
a modification drawing number is indicated, contact FANUC
before replacing the PC board.
Also, before and after replacing a PC board, check its pin
6) After replacing the fuse, ensure that the screws are firmly
tightened. For a socket-type fuse, ensure that the fuse is
7) After replacing the PC board, ensure that it is securely
8) Ensure that all power lines, power supply lines, and
connectors are securely connected.
- Take care not to lose any screws.
When removing the case or PC board, take care not to lose any
screws. If a screw is lost inside the nit and the power is turned on,
the machine may be damaged.