5.PERIODIC MAINTENANCE OF SERVO AMPLIFIER START-UP PROCEDURE B-65285EN/03
- 66 -
[Caution No. 1 for battery replacement]
The Pulsecoder for the α series servo motor is not incorporated with a
backup capacitor as standard. To keep the absolute position
information in the absolute Pulsecoder, you need to keep the control
power turned on during battery replacement. Follow the procedure
[Replacing procedure for the battery]
1. Make sure that the power to the SVM is on (the 7-segment LED
on the front of the SVM is on).
2. Make sure that the emergency stop button of the system has been
3. Make sure that the motor is not activated.
4. Make sure that the DC link charge LED of the SVM is off.
5. Remove the old battery, and install a new battery.
6. This completes the replacement. You can turn off the power to the
1 When replacing the battery, be careful not to touch
bare metal parts in the panel. In particular, be
careful not to touch any high-voltage circuits due to
the electric shock hazard.
2 Before replacing the battery, check that the DC link
charge confirmation LED on the front of the servo
amplifier is off. Neglecting this check creates an
electric shock hazard.
3 Install the battery with correct polarity. If the battery
is installed with incorrect polarity, it may overheat,
blow out, or catch fire.
4 Avoid a short-circuit between the +6 V and 0 V lines
of a battery or cable. A short-circuit may lead to a
hot battery, an explosion, or fire.