3. TROUBLESHOOTING AND
TROUBLESHOOTING AND RECOVERY
Type LED Type LED Type LED
(1) Check that following parameters are set to standard values. If they
are not, normal current control is impossible.
No. 2004 No. 8X04
No. 2006 No. 8X06
No. 1954 (15-A), 1955 (15-B)
No. 2011 No. 8X10
No. 2040 No. 8X40
No. 2041 No. 8X41
No. 2074 No. 8X74
No. 8X98No. 2098
(2) Disconnect the power wires from the amplifier terminals,and release
the emergency stop condition.
If an overcurrent alarm is issued, replace the amplifier.
If an overcurrent alarm is not issued,go to (3).
(3) Disconnect the power wires from the amplifier terminals, and check
the U, V, and W wires for isolation from the grounding wire
If they are isolated from the grounding wire, go to (4) and (5).
If any of the power wires is short-circuited to the grounding wire,
disconnect the power wires from the motor connector, and check the
U, V, and W terminals of the motor for isolation from the ground
If the U,V,or W terminal of the motor is short- circuited to the
ground terminal,replace the motor.
If they are isolated from the ground terminal,replace the power
(4) Connect the wires again,and observe the motor
current(IR,IS)waveforms when the motor is accelerating or
decelerating. (See Subsec. 4.2.2 in Part I for how to measure)
If the motor current waveforms are abnormal,replace the
(5) Check that noise is induced on the motor current (IR, IS) waveforms.
If there is noise,shield the wires and ground the shielding.
If there is no noise,replace the amplifier.
(6) If any of the above five items does not fit the case,the pulse
coder,command cable or the hardware inside the CNC is probably