B-65285EN/03 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- Ensure that all required components are mounted.
When replacing a component or PC board, check that all
components, including the snubber capacitor, are correctly
mounted. If the snubber capacitor is not mounted, for example, the
IPM will be damaged.
- Tighten all screws firmly.
- Check the specification code of the fuse, PC board, and other
When replacing a fuse or PC board, first check the specification
code of the fuse or PC board, then mount it in the correct position.
The machine will not operate normally if a fuse or PC board
having other than the correct specification code is mounted, or if a
fuse or PC board is mounted in the wrong position.
- Mount the correct cover.
The cover on the front of the amplifier carries a label indicating a
specification code. When mounting a previously removed front
cover, take care to mount it on the unit from which it was
- Notes on cleaning the heat sink and fan
1) A dirty heat sink or fan results in reduced semiconductor
cooling efficiency, which degrades reliability. Periodic
cleaning is necessary.
2) Using compressed air for cleaning scatters the dust. A
deposit of conductive dust on the amplifier or peripheral
equipment will result in a failure.
3) To clean the heat sink, do so only after turning the power off
and ensuring that the heat sink has cooled to room
temperature. The heat sink becomes extremely hot, such that
touching it during operation or immediately after power-off
is likely to cause a burn. Be extremely careful when touching
the heat sink.