SAFETY PRECAUTIONS B-65285EN/03
- FANUC motors are designed for use with machines. Do not
use them for any other purpose.
If a FANUC motor is used for an unintended purpose, it may
cause an unexpected symptom or trouble. If you want to use a
motor for an unintended purpose, previously consult with
- Ensure that a base or frame on which a motor is mounted is
Motors are heavy. If a base or frame on which a motor is mounted
is not strong enough, it is impossible to achieve the required
- Be sure to connect motor cables correctly.
An incorrect connection of a cable cause abnormal heat
generation, equipment malfunction, or failure. Always use a cable
with an appropriate current carrying capacity (or thickness). For
how to connect cables to motors, refer to their respective
- Ensure that motors are cooled if they are those that require
If a motor that requires forcible cooling is not cooled normally, it
may cause a failure or trouble. For a fan-cooled motor, ensure that
it is not clogged or blocked with dust and dirt. For a liquid-cooled
motor, ensure that the amount of the liquid is appropriate and that
the liquid piping is not clogged.
For both types, perform regular cleaning and inspection.
- When attaching a component having inertia, such as a pulley,
to a motor, ensure that any imbalance between the motor and
component is minimized.
If there is a large imbalance, the motor may vibrates abnormally,
resulting in the motor being broken.
- Be sure to attach a key to a motor with a keyed shaft.
If a motor with a keyed shaft runs with no key attached, it may
impair torque transmission or cause imbalance, resulting in the
motor being broken.